We all know that for our body to function properly and stay healthy, it is important that all or organs function to the full of their potential. On the occasion of World Kidney Day being observed globally on the 8th of March every year, we all should come together in raising awareness on the importance of our kidneys. Our kidneys are a vital organ to us, and performs some of the most crucial functions in our body to keep us alive and healthy.
The most important of all is, that they keep the body composition or makeup of the blood stable so that our body could perform the following:
* Prevents the built up of unwanted and harmful wastes and extra fluids by extracting them
* Keep the levels of electrolytes such as potassium, sodium and phosphate stable.
* Produces some vital hormones that are important for –
* Regulation of blood pressure.
* Keeping the bones strong.
* Making RBC (red blood cells).
The Importance of good nutrition for Kidneys
A healthy and balanced diet is essential for proper functioning of our kidneys, especially when they are damaged and conditions are deteriorating. We all know that eating healthy is important, and only good nutrition can provide the body with the necessary energy it requires to perform optimally like maintaining healthy weight, build-up of muscles and prevent infections. The basis of a healthy and nutritious eating plan for kidneys is to provide it with the right amount of calories, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Proteins: feeding the body with the right amount of protein that it need is crucial for our overall health and wellbeing. Red meat (veal, lamb, and beef), poultry, eggs, fish and other seafood, grains and vegetables are rich sources of proteins. Proteins helps built, repair and maintain every cell in our body.
Calories: are the fuel for the body to carry with the regular activities. It also helps in maintaining ideal body weight and allows the body to repair the muscles and tissues of the body. The quantity of calorie required by a person varies from one individual to another.
Vitamins and Minerals: the amount of minerals and vitamins that our body needs changes as a result of kidney ailments. As also because of the same you might be put on a special diet where you might have to take mineral and vitamin substitutes as your body do not get it from the special diet food that you eat.
* Steps to eating right for your kidneys
* Prepare and eat food with less salt and sodium to control blood pressure.
* But fresh food items and avoid packaged and processed foods that contains sodium and salt.
* Use spices, herbs and sodium-free seasoning instead of salt to cook food.
* Properly rinse canned vegetables, beans, meats and fish with water before eating.
* Check for nutrition labels before you buy any food products.
* Choose heart healthy foods to eat to keep out fat from building in the blood vessels, heart and kidneys.
* Instead of deep fried foods, prefer to eat grilled, broiled, roasted or stir-fried foods.
* Cook in non-stick pans with healthy oils instead of butter.
* Remove skin from poultry and trim excess fats from meats before cooking.
* Read labels for saturated and trans fats and avoid them.
* Heart healthy foods – Fish, Beans, Vegetables, Fruits, Low-fat or fat-free milk, yogurt, and cheese, Skinless poultry and Lean meats.
Eat the right amount and type of protein to protect the kidneys. Consumption of proteins creates wastes, hence more intake of protein is equivalent to more waste, thereby more efforts for your kidney to remove these wastes.
* Eat smaller portions of protein foods.
* Protein is present in both plant and animal based food. Take guidance from a dietician to decide on the amount and type of protein.
* Protein foods – Chicken, Fish, Meat, Eggs, Dairy, Beans, Nuts and Grains.
* Select foods and drinks with less phosphorous, as excess phosphorus in the blood pulls out calcium from your bones, making your bones thin, weak, and vulnerable to break.
* Many packages foods contains phosphorous, check label before buying.
* Some fresh meats and poultry contains added phosphorous. Always chose to have organic fed meats and poultry.
Go for foods with the correct amount of potassium to aid the muscles and nerves work the right way. Damaged kidneys allow potassium to build up in the blood, which can cause serious heart problems.
* Salt substitutes are often high in potassium, check label before buying.
* Always drain canned fruits and vegetables before consuming.
Therapeutic Diets, Weight Loss Programs, Blood Pressure Diets, Detox Diets, Diabetes Diets, Family Diets, Gluten Allergy Diets, Glycemic Index Diets, Healthy and weight loss clinic, Slimming center Gurgaon
We proudly introduce her as our chief mentor and dietician. She is running this prestigious institution for last 13 years and to the present day this institution is not a mere small clinic but actually a chain of weight loss clinics scattered all over the northern India and functioning with 35 successful centers. The voluminous fame which Diet Clinic bears is not earned in a short span of time; she is the pivotal person behind its huge success. Without her die hard conviction and dedication this could never happen.
She is a qualified dietician, registered with IDA and practicing since 2006. Prior to her engagement as a private dietician, she remained associated with army hospital. When she was a student she counseled many clients gratuitously. The pain and suffering of obesity patients made her work as a full time dietician to serve the world.
She has a keen interest in research and study, therefore she keep herself busy in latest health seminars and workshops. She is a student of dietetics and always wants to remain so. Her quest for knowledge has led her to develop various customized diet plans for her patients. These plans have benefited thousands of people to lose their unwanted part of their body. Her acute guidance and motivation let people work on their health and positive results come naturally.
All our dietician staff is well qualified and trained under her mentorship. She takes personal interest in any new recruitment and recruits only those dieticians who match the standards of the Diet Clinic. Our complete team works under her guidance to crack each case of obesity. Our testimonials are evidence of our success.
We are aimed to make this world free from extra weight and obesity. Our motto is “LET YOUR DIET WORK FOR YOU.”
Did you ever imagine that your life’s biggest problem of losing weight could be the simplest and actually fun? Infact with Diet Clinic, losing weight could actually be fun. Being fat and overweight is an invitation for several severe health problems. Irregular eating habits with a combination of junk food and lack of physical activity can make you extremely sick if continued for longer duration of time period. But if you have no control over your lifestyle and eating habits.....
Diet Clinic is offering various recipes for weight loss. Our recipes are simple, easy to make and deliciously healthy for you. We are offering a range of recipes starting from your morning breakfast to dinner. We have also suggested in between recipes which helps you to satisfy your craving for food between the meals.